The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
926 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone (916) 447-2700
Cook III (Lead)
Posted September 19, 2019
The Cook III is a Lead role responsible for the preparation and execution of all meal items as assigned by the Kitchen Managers/Supervisors. Organize all supplies and ingredients necessary for preparation in a timely and efficient manner. Set up stations with predetermined mise en place required to service all outlets. Maintains clear communication in coordinating assignments to co-workers and supervisors. Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure total customer satisfaction. Clear understanding of Kitchen functions and knife safety skills a must. Requires limited supervision. This role supports as a lead for the line, while monitoring quality in the absence of a manager/supervisor. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 3 – 5 years of culinary experience required
- Strong skill set in food production to include: sautéing, grilling, roasting, soups, sauces, and chilled food production.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and have good communication skills
- Must have some previous culinary/kitchen experience
- High school or equivalent education required
- Must have a working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards
- Must have open flexibility for scheduling, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
-Physical onsite attendance is required of the position.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
196 Room Hotel
The Citizen Hotel is a 196 room boutique property with over 9,000 square feet of function space. The exterior of the building is an early 1900's classic design by architect George Selland. The interiors celebrate the history of California with unique décor that is whimsical with modern amenities. No two rooms are alike and all offer a different perspective of downtown Sacramento. Featuring a farm to fork destination restaurant Grange Restaurant & Bar which has received national accolades and is a local favorite.