Group Room Coordinator
Posted January 8, 2020
25 South Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Telephone (717) 239-1600
- Act as the primary resource for the operational and administrative functions for group block management including building blocks, entering group rooming lists, managing group inventory, billing, and pre-arrival tasks as required.
- Assign room(s) according to guest requests and preferences whenever possible.
- Act as a resource to the hotel and the client for information.
- Verify information and disseminate as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales, front office, accounting areas. Have a thorough understanding of the operational areas, guest patterns, demand periods and seasons.
- Maintain a working knowledge of revenue management principles as it applies to the hotel in general by attending revenue management and sales meetings in order to insure financial objectives of the property are met.
- Possess a working knowledge of the brands guest loyalty program and how it applies to group customers in order to ensure proper credit for reward programs to meeting planners.
- Attend Daily Business review meeting to be aware of business trends, new bookings and changes to current bookings.
- Attend Weekly Revenue Strategy Meeting.
- Maintain accurate files and systems for information retrieval as it relates to group bookings.
- Respond to and manage suite inquiries and bookings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical skills in Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with hotel PMS systems and operational proficiency.
- Superior oral/written communication skills; ability to interact successfully with all levels.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of general office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy machine, printers).
- Tact and good judgment and proven experience interacting with customers and hotel management.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
416 Room Hotel
Central to Downtown Lancaster and beautifully integrated with a world-class convention center, Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square offers a prime location in Lancaster City within walking distance to full-time entertainment and trendy dining. This historic Lancaster, Pennsylvania, hotel offers amenities discerning guests expect - featuring elegant interiors, impeccable service and dining, as well as remarkable architecture and history, including a preserved section of the Underground Railroad. Brand new, upscale guestrooms offer sweeping city views, LCD TVs, granite countertops, and lavish bedding. Just steps away in Downtown Lancaster, guests can explore over 90 art galleries, a burgeoning food scene, shopping, and historic landmarks including one of the largest National Historic Register Districts in the country. Depart from ordinary hotels and discover the illustrious Lancaster.