Posted January 8, 2020
25 South Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Telephone (717) 239-1600
Current Related Job Openings
- Breakfast Expo/Runner
- Busser - Two Kings
- Cocktail Server - Exchange
- Dishwasher - Plough
- Exchange Door Person
- Host/Hostess - M Club
- Host/Hostess Plough Restaurant
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server - Plough
- Room Service
- Server Assistant
- Signature Bartenders - Plough
- Signature Busser/Runners - Plough
- Starbucks Barista
You’re welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You’re happiest when juggling tasks and getting it right first time is important to you. Whether it’s providing a heary meal to an exhausted traveler or delivering a treat to a guest with a sweet tooth, you understand just how important “around-the-clock” room service is to the guest experience. With an aim to please, your excellent service and genuine care is appreciated, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Interstate’s Room Service Server position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As a Room Service Server, you will
- Deliver prompt, excellent service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Know the menu, providing guidance with menu offerings and responding knowledgeably to questions.
- Set up trays and carts, ensuring all dishes present well and match the order before delivering promptly to guests. Arrange the setting according to guests’ pleasure before graciously presenting the check for signature; then, retrieve items when service has ended.
- Be diligent, ensuring specific requests are accommodated and the number of settings and condiments correspond correctly to order.
- Be tidy. Ensure rooms service carts and trays are clean and neatly stacked.
Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills are required. One year of customer service experience is helpful. Successful TIPs training and the ability to use company order and payment systems is expected. The ability to work a flexible schedule is also expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting, carrying and pushing up to 30 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
416 Room Hotel
Central to Downtown Lancaster and beautifully integrated with a world-class convention center, Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square offers a prime location in Lancaster City within walking distance to full-time entertainment and trendy dining. This historic Lancaster, Pennsylvania, hotel offers amenities discerning guests expect - featuring elegant interiors, impeccable service and dining, as well as remarkable architecture and history, including a preserved section of the Underground Railroad. Brand new, upscale guestrooms offer sweeping city views, LCD TVs, granite countertops, and lavish bedding. Just steps away in Downtown Lancaster, guests can explore over 90 art galleries, a burgeoning food scene, shopping, and historic landmarks including one of the largest National Historic Register Districts in the country. Depart from ordinary hotels and discover the illustrious Lancaster.