The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Assistant Restaurant Manager at APL
Posted September 14, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan and manage the Restaurant, customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with organizational policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
1. Manage the Human Resources in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
2. Implement company programs (Interstate) and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and any other food beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc..) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
4. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
5. Create, recommend ands implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
6. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: More than two years of post high school education, but less that a degree from a four year college.
Experience:Two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Supervision/management communication skills are required. Requires ability to investigate logical conclusions and recommendations. Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
No. of employees supervised: Thirty-one to fifty employees
Travel required: No
Hours Required: Flexible, forty to fifty hours over a five day period
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.