Bell Staff / Shuttle Driver
Posted January 13, 2020
400 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone (619) 239-4500
You’re naturally friendly and helpful, happiest on the move, and ever alert to what needs doing. Talking with people from all over energizes you. And with an aim to please, you thoughtfully offer guests helpful tips while opening doors, whisking away luggage, and holding pet leads as guests get settled. You know the hotel and surrounding area by heart and the best routes for getting passengers safely to their destination. You take great care and pride in your work, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Interstate’s Bell Staff and Driver position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
BASIC PURPOSE: To ensure there is clear communication between Valet, Bell Stand and Front Desk so that there is a seamless arrival experience. Bellmen are essential to the Arrival Experience. Transport guest luggage to/from guest rooms. Escort guest to rooms and inform guest of all hotel services and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay. Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities. Store Luggage
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas and vehicles
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
- Protect property safety and security
- Answer Bell Desk telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner
- Anticipate guests’ need, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest
- Coordinate group luggage requirements
- Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, Bell Desk and luggage storage areas
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities in order to respond to guest inquires accurately
- Transport luggage from time of arrival to departure to include room moves, correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
- Offer packing and unpacking services, explain laundry service
- Foster and grow working relationships with other departments
- Facilitate Airline crew arrivals; key and sign in sheet accuracy
- Maintain and improve the quality of all public areas
- Attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Team Player
- Flex Schedule
- Less than 3 moving violations in the three previous years, No DUI Convictions.
- Must have current Driver’s license
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Westin San Diego
436 Room Hotel
Located in the heart of downtown, we're just a short walk or trolley ride away from landmarks like the Convention Center, Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo-plus many shopping and dining options. Guests can erase travel fatigue and feel their best with a dip in the rooftop pool or a session in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. After a productive meeting in one of our inspiring meeting spaces, we invite our guests to celebrate with drinks at The Bar or dinner at Coast-our signature restaurant. Our 436 guest rooms and suites are designed to refresh and relax. We designed with clean lines, neutral colors, and modern amenities like HDTVs and High Speed Internet Access. The Heavenly® Bed promises a restful sleep while the Heavenly® Bath revives our guests each morning.