The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Executive Chef - APL Yountville
Posted July 22, 2019
For some, food is simply fuel for life. For you, food fuels your passion. And, you’re passion for creating and sharing the most delectable culinary experience EVER is contagious. Your kitchen sizzles with activity and your dishes delight guests. Now, let Interstate provide the setting for your expertise and creativity as Executive Chef.
As Executive Chef, you will
- Oversee all food events, daily breakfast buffet, room service, and banquet operations. This position has a high concentration on the execution of banquet functions.
- Prepare and design of all banquet menus, working closely with Catering department on creating specific menus based on guest requests and needs.
- Create a high level of standards in food presentations.
- Channel your culinary passion into all aspects of hotel food operations, including outlets and banquet facilities. You’ll focus on exceeding guest expectations while simultaneously driving revenue and maximizing profit.
- Oversee kitchen financials. Partnering with Finance, recommend the budget and ensure food and labor costs fall within budget for optimized flow-through.
- Lead an energized, inspired kitchen. Create an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and elicits constructive feedback. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle. Oversee the safety of the environment and food for your staff and guests.
- Create with a passion to delight. Demonstrate individuality in your menu conceptions and be willing to implement new cooking techniques. Take pride in your dishes and maintain consistency in taste and quality.
A minimum of two years of culinary school is preferred, but we are willing to take into account any other combination of education and experience that produces the required knowledge and skill set. You must be prepared to obtain any additional licenses or certificates, such as the State Health certificate, in order to comply with state law.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.