The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Area Director of Travel Industry Sales
Posted August 5, 2019
The Estate Yountville – Travel Industry Sales / Luxury Agencies
Hospitality is our calling. Service is our passion. Luxury is our currency. We are driven to deliver service that is artful, thoughtful, and spot on. We are purveyors of new-fashioned luxury. Smart, sophisticated, stylish without the starch. We are a family hosting our friends. Unique in our skills, approach and personalities, we are united by our passion to exceed.
The Travel Industry Area Director will represent the resort to high end travel agencies and their agents based upon assigned territories, through activities such as sales calls, promotions, trade shows and relationship building to increase leisure transient business. Must have built relationships and be familiar with Virtuoso, FH&R and Signature, as well as luxury concierge companies. Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts to the travel industry trade, including travel agents and corporate travel managers, luxury wholesalers and preferred partner accounts.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 – 10 years of luxury hotel travel industry sales experience
- Excels in business writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable with terms and contracts from OTA and consortia markets
- Advanced knowledge of Delphi, Opera and Microsoft Office
- Full time status varies between 40-60 hours per week
- Flexible schedule including travel and weekends
- Required travel may be up to 60% of your overall schedule Focusing on the luxury consortia, leisure & business transient markets, you must successfully achieve or exceed quarterly individual pace/production goals based.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts including prospecting, site tours, sales blitzes, prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, and networking in order to maximize room revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts, business and travel industry accounts, community organizations and professional associations to maintain high visibility and increase market share.
- Conduct sales presentations to clients and ownership verbally and using the latest technology
- Conduct and create FAM Trips
- Lead Follow up/ Lead generation
- Conduct Site Inspections
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Travel as needed, to complete personal sales calls and presentations to customers within your discipline/ region
- Be nimble, when writing the marketing action plans that you will create and complete
- Build creative proposals
- Negotiate and execute Contracts that are fair and profitable
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Be Engaging and relationship driven in your day to day encounters with customers
- Ability to multi-task and time manage
- Delphi Sales system proficient – preferred
- Be a good business partner and listener
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.