The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Tournant at Perry Lang's
Posted August 11, 2019
The primary purpose of the Chef Tournant is to support and assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef by overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations, including training, supervising staff and monitoring food quality. The Chef Tournant is a direct link between the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and his/her assigned production areas and outlets. The Chef Tournant primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly. He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training. The Chef Tournant enables his/her team by ensuring equipment and sanitation standards are always met, supplies and inventories are readily available, expectations are communicated, recipes are current, and training is ongoing. This is expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example.
The essential functions of this position are to:
• Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
• Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Ensures team reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Ensures development of team members through on-going training
• Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
• Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Kitchen terminology required.
• Documented cooking experience with heavy emphasis on classical methods and regional cooking in a high quality culinary environment. Culinary education applies to experience. Additional experience considered where applicable to responsibilities.
• Formal culinary training diploma, apprenticeship papers, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Formal culinary training diploma, apprenticeship papers, or equivalent experience required.
• Previous Supervisory skills required.
• Knowledge of products, uses and availability.
• Know all menus and product offerings for station or area of responsibility.
• Remain current with products and industry trends. Take personal responsibility to advance skills and knowledge.
• Basic mathematical capability including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must pass food safety and handling test with 80% or higher.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.