6539 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Prep Cook at Perry Lang's
Posted September 24, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assists in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designate storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
1. Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum one year food service or related work
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer,
broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, over,
steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
No. of employees supervised: Zero
Travel required: No
Hours Required: Forty hours over a five day period; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.