Hampton Inn Anchorage
4301 Credit Union Drive
Anchorage, AK 99502
Telephone (907) 550-7000
Assistant General Manager
Posted September 11, 2019
Does thriving at a fast-pace, relationship building, and navigating dynamic business operations - to delight guests and exceed financial goals - bring out your best self? Then, Interstate’s Assistant General Manager position may be your best next career move.
As Assistant General Manager, you will
- Oversee hotel operations to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for guests to enjoy and where associates can excel. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. When complications surface – and they will – make it right for the guest and open channels for associates.
- Build and Foster Front Office Staff. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Team up with Sales. Brainstorm and implement occupancy and revenue boosting strategies.
- Keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively participate in the budget process, and accurately forecast for optimal staff and supply levels, maximum flow-through, and exceptional guest experience.
- Act as Manager on Duty, when duty calls.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus two to three years’ in hotel company related position, with discipline-specific operations knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and switchboard operation knowledge is expected.
Hilton and OnQ experience preferred.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hampton Inn Anchorage
101 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The award-winning Hampton Inn Anchorage hotel, surrounded by majestic mountains, offers a panoramic view and a quiet retreat in the heart of Anchorage, Alaska. We are conveniently located near Ted Stevens International Airport, with free shuttle service to the airport and downtown Anchorage. We are a 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner!
Guests can stay at the Hampton Inn Anchorage and experience all that the area has to offer. They can attend the ceremonial start of the Iditarod and enjoy the Fur Rendezvous Festival. We hope visitors will discover natural wildlife at the Alaska Zoo, or take the kids to the Imaginarium Discovery Center. The Alaska Native Heritage Center provides cultural presentations on the state's indigenous people. Exhibits at the Anchorage Museum showcase Alaska's art and history.
- Close to Ted Stevens International Airport with free shuttle service to the airport and downtown
- Walking distance to great restaurants
- Heated indoor pool
- LED HDTVs with premium channels in every room