South Seas Island Resort
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva, FL 33924
Telephone (239) 472-5111
Posted August 13, 2019
You’re the hub of information for the hotel. You’re also the critical touch point when emergencies rear. Often the first impression and without the benefit of visual cues, you effortlessly convey authentic warmth through the phone lines. You make prompt connections and provide quality info, never missing a beat with wake-up or helping a guest in need. If this rings true, Interstate’s Telephone Operator position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Telephone Operator, you will
- Graciously respond to all incoming calls, applying your thorough knowledge of the property to effectively assist callers and answer guest questions.
- Skillfully service hotline calls, ensuring guests needs are fully met.
- Convey messages accurately and timely and route calls efficiently.
- Ensure wake up requests are accurately delivered without fail.
A high school education or equivalent experience is required. Clear, effective English written and verbal communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. An excellent phone manner and the ability to “smile” through the phone lines is essential. Previous communications or switchboard experience is helpful. The ability to operate multiple phone lines, familiarity with computer use and the ability to conduct online searches is expected.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
South Seas Island Resort
471 Room Resort
Family. Nature. Comfort.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Visitors will feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island, Florida
- An array of accommodations from Harbourside Guest rooms, to one-, two- and three- bedroom condominiums and cottages. Two to Six Bedroom private homes are also available.
- South Seas offers an array of activities for guests of all ages
- Delicious on-site dining
- Endless recreation and exciting land and water activities
- Bordered by two-and-a-half miles of private white-sand beach
- 35 miles from South West Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Just 32 miles from Fort Myers, yet provides a peaceful, secluded-island feel