South Seas Island Resort
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva, FL 33924
Telephone (239) 472-5111
Posted August 13, 2019
You’re happiest when you’re on the move. You have a friendly, helpful nature. You enjoy hearing passenger stories and sharing helpful info along the route. Traffic jam? No problem. You know the best routes for getting passengers safely to their destination and on time. Your driving record is spotless; the same way you keep the property’s vehicle, because it reflects the hotel and first impressions stick. That’s good business. Sound good? Then, consider a Driver position with Interstate.
As a Driver, you will
- Transport guests safely to and from the property, carefully handling luggage.
- Graciously welcome guests with open doors and luggage assistance.
- Respond with helpful info about getting around and offer suggestions for local events and activities.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, gassed, and ready to go, noting any malfunction at the first sign.
High school education or equivalent experience is required, with prior customer service experience helpful. A Chauffer’s License is helpful but not required; however, you must possess an excellent driving record, verified by Motor Vehicle Administration report. The ability to skillfully drive all vehicle speed shifts for vans, limousines and automobiles is required. You must be able to communicate effectively. This position requires full mobility, lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing or pulling a luggage cart up to 200 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
South Seas Island Resort
471 Room Resort
Family. Nature. Comfort.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Visitors will feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island, Florida
- An array of accommodations from Harbourside Guest rooms, to one-, two- and three- bedroom condominiums and cottages. Two to Six Bedroom private homes are also available.
- South Seas offers an array of activities for guests of all ages
- Delicious on-site dining
- Endless recreation and exciting land and water activities
- Bordered by two-and-a-half miles of private white-sand beach
- 35 miles from South West Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Just 32 miles from Fort Myers, yet provides a peaceful, secluded-island feel