Posted January 14, 2020
1000 Boulevard of the Arts
Sarasota, FL 34236
Telephone (941) 953-1234
You’re like the firefighter of Engineering. You’re always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong. You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You’re alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, Interstate’s Class II Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Class II Engineer, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that’s critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Keep operations running smoothly in the absence of engineering staff.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is required. The ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work is expected. This position requires carrying a radio while on duty and may require operating a pick-up truck and snow removal equipment. You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner. This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
294 Room Hotel
Travelers can experience our resort-style hotel in Sarasota, FL just minutes from the spectacular white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. With a dramatic bayside setting and modern amenities, our eco-friendly hotel introduces guests to the very best that Florida has to offer, from natural wonders to unique culinary surprises and cultural discoveries. Guests will find the perfect blend of a beautiful waterfront setting, welcoming service and the comforts of home at Hyatt Regency Sarasota.
Here are just a few of the ways guests can enjoy their stay:
- Rooms with views
- Golf Hyatt golf courses and IMG Golf Academy
- A variety of water sports, including kayaking, paddle boarding and paddle boating
- Lagoon-style pool and 24-hour StayFit™ Gym
- Innovative culinary experiences
- Flexible event venues, totaling more than 20,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor space