Assistant Executive Housekeeper OEM
Posted November 15, 2019
1113 Sixth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Telephone (206) 464-1980
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise the daily operations of the housekeeping staff, promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position supervises daily operations in maintaining the maintenance/sanitation of the guest rooms, public areas and pool/health club. May supervise the laundry operations. Recommends and implements procedural changes. Monitors inventories and expenses.
- Supervise the housekeeping employees to attract, retain and motivate them while providing a safe work environment; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise and inspect the daily cleaning of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, LSOPs and SOPs and health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and report on expenses (payroll and supplies) to aid in controlling costs while ensuring adequate staff and supplies are on hand to provide top quality services.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Refer and follow up on maintenance issues/problems with Engineering to protect hotel assets, ensure a safe, accident free environment for guests and employees and maintain/ improve guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquiries to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company assets.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in hotel committees and task forces assignments.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: One to two years of post high school education.
Experience: Experience required by position is from two to three full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of the Housekeeping field.
- Requires knowledge of Hotel/IHR policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Requires supervision/management skills.
- Ability to compile facts and figures
- Ability to communicate information and hotel services to management and guests. Second language may be required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown
415 Room Hotel
Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the award-winning Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle – Downtown offers an exceptional blend of service, style and comfort. You’ll notice Cool, Comfortable and Unconventional touches that set us apart as soon as you step inside. Marvel at stunning views of the city lights while relaxing in our new Sleep Advantage® Beds.
Enjoy complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel and amenities to help you relax like our Temple Spa® Sleep Tight Amenity kits featuring lavender spray and lotions to help you rejuvenate and unwind. Enjoy an invigorating workout at our 24-hour fitness center, get dining suggestions from our expert concierge or savor sumptuous cuisine at our Regatta Bar & Grille restaurant where you can enjoy Happy Hour in our lounge daily from 4pm - 7pm and monthly drink specials.
Come and experience all that The Emerald City has to offer with us!