Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
761 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
Telephone (415) 346-3800
Posted September 11, 2019
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Supervisor position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
166 Room Hotel
The Courtyard San Francisco Union Square is nestled within a historic building yet manages to effortlessly carve out a history of its own. Visitors can settle into one of our high-floor rooms & experience Million-Dollar Scenic Views of Downtown San Francisco. All of our well-appointed rooms feature complimentary Wi-Fi & Luxurious Bedding. Guests can grab a lite bite or a cup of Starbucks® coffee at the Café Maurice, and choose to dine in or dine al fresco on our outdoor terrace. We are new the Cable Cars & attractions like Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, & the Metreon shopping center. If visiting for work, guests can host a meeting like a Technology Titan in our Custom Boardroom. The Golden Gate City awaits!