Banquet CaptainPart Time
Posted November 15, 2019
1840 Highway 93 South
Kalispell, MT 59901
Telephone (406) 756-4500
You enjoy teaming up to create an atmosphere where things happen, but you really shine when inspiring others into action. And, your sharp eye for detail ensures perfect set-up and safe breakdown of event spaces. Whether setting stage for an A-Lister or getting down to business, you’ve got what it takes to orchestrate success. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Captain position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Captain, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to ensure safe, efficient event set up and break down.
- Help set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Complete prep and side work efficiently so focused attention during the event can be given fully to guest care.
- Provide genuinely friendly, professional guest service.
- Respond to guest questions, requests, and concerns with prompt courtesy.
- Be familiar with event offerings in order to describe and delight guests with menu ingredients and preparations.
- Tactfully employ “suggestive selling,” when appropriate.
High School Diploma or equivalent, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience is required. Clear, effective communication skills in written and verbal English is essential. You must be able to understand and comply with all liquor laws and be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. You must be able to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using Interstate systems. Flexible day and evening hour availability is expected. This position requires continuous motion and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
144 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Nestled in the picturesque Flathead Valley of Montana, our Kalispell, TM hotel is conveniently located between the Crown of the Continent, Glacier National Park (30 miles northeast), and Flathead Lake (10 miles south). Kalispell City Airport is adjacent to our hotel, while Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) is just 10 miles north.
Whether guests are visiting for business or leisure, they'll find everything they need for a wonderful stay. Anyone can host their next meeting or convention in 14,000 sq. ft. of conference and banquet space with catering services. Great facilities such as the indoor swimming pool and complimentary fitness center mean guests will be able to wind down after a busy day working or sightseeing.
- Adjacent to Kalispell City Airport, 10 miles from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
- 14,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 8,500 sq. ft. ballroom for up to 700 people
- Complimentary airport shuttle bus service
- Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern on site