Posted November 16, 2019
401 West Ash Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone (619) 546-9600
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Manager
- Banquet Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Carte Bartender/ Mixologist
- Cocktail Server
- Food & Beverage Host/Hostess (Full-Time)
- Food and Beverage Director
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Line Cook
- Marketing Manager
- Restaurant Server - Part Time
- Room Attendant/Housekeeping
- Turndown Attendant
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Carté Hotel San Diego, a Curio Collection by Hilton
246 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Each of Carte Hotel’s 246 modern guest rooms includes complimentary WiFi, a 55-inch HDTV, refrigerator and oversized work desk. Guests can relax on the luxurious bed with pillow top mattress and enjoy spectacular views of downtown. Our spacious suites feature exclusive views and a sitting area.
We offer sea-to-table cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Watercolors, or guests can explore the region’s wines with a curated selection from Southern California and Northern Mexico at our wine tasting room, Fonte de Vino.
Carte Hotel guests can enjoy access to 28,000 sq. ft. of upscale fitness and wellness space at Fit Athletic Club. During downtime, guests can stretch with a yoga or spin class, detox in the sauna or take a refreshing dip in the rooftop pool.