Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown
1113 Sixth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Telephone (206) 464-1980
Posted October 11, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Handle all in house reservation inquires, accurately and efficiently by answering the telephones and replying back to emails courteously, promptly, professionally while promoting hotel services and ensuring maximum room revenues.
Full-Time hourly position
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (90%)
Answer telephone promptly and courteously. Enter guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel’s selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package elements and hotel services, in order to close out sale and upsell the hotel as appropriate. Sell Additional Services and Upgrades. Package deal options that combine a room with additional opportunities to add parking, breakfast, or attend a local event at a reduced cost. Reservation agents are encouraged to upsell and promote relevant travel packages and touring opportunities to customers. Responsible for keeping accurate records about customer bookings, payments, and any additional information that other department might need when interacting with a guest. They might also use records to follow up with previous customers to encourage them to book another stay at the hotel. Response to all guest requests on Third party websites. Help group sales with reservation input and lists. Weekly operations forecast and daily re-forecast. Daily Business Travel corporate tracking for top Business Travel producers. Daily report input.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (10%)
- Perform Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate on task force and committees as required.
- Required training by brand or Interstate.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Collage degree in business, hospitality and/or equivalent in Hotel Management.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in the hotel industry, with IHG Brand will be preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills – patience, a good listening ear, and confident communication are important skills a hotel reservation agent must rely on while assisting customers
- Organization skills – hotel reservation agents usually manage large amounts of customer information and should be able to easily keep track of everything
- Memorization – reservation agents are expected to have an in-depth knowledge of hotel features, amenities, and room information, along with information about the surrounding area
- Patience – work as a hotel reservation agent can include many stressful situations with a variety of customers, and agents are expected to remain calm and pleasant no matter the situation
- Technological proficiency – the duties of hotel reservation agents are carried out on the phone or on the computer, and those in the role should be comfortable with using technology
BENEFITS-Health insurance options (medical, visual, dental)-Paid sick time-Paid vacation time-Paid holidays -ORCA bus pass discount (50% off monthly pass)-Free shift meals-Hotel rate discounts at IHG and IHR hotels-Discounted employee parking
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown
415 Room Hotel
Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the award-winning Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle – Downtown offers an exceptional blend of service, style and comfort. You’ll notice Cool, Comfortable and Unconventional touches that set us apart as soon as you step inside. Marvel at stunning views of the city lights while relaxing in our new Sleep Advantage® Beds.
Enjoy complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel and amenities to help you relax like our Temple Spa® Sleep Tight Amenity kits featuring lavender spray and lotions to help you rejuvenate and unwind. Enjoy an invigorating workout at our 24-hour fitness center, get dining suggestions from our expert concierge or savor sumptuous cuisine at our Regatta Bar & Grille restaurant where you can enjoy Happy Hour in our lounge daily from 4pm - 7pm and monthly drink specials.
Come and experience all that The Emerald City has to offer with us!