Director of Human Resources
Posted November 16, 2019
2300 Evergreen Park Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Telephone (360) 943-4000
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Human Resources Director with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member.
As Human Resources Director, you will
- Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.
- Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.
- Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
- Union Experience Required
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hotel RL Olympia
193 Room Hotel
Welcome to the state capital. Hotel RL Olympia sets you close to the heart of the city, right near all the best experiences. We have stunning views of Capitol Lake and surrounding wooded areas, set on 12 lush acres. With upgraded hotel amenities and features including convenient travel packages, we provide guests with a satisfying hotel stay guaranteed.
We offer guest rooms that invite travelers to explore all that Olympia has to offer. Guests can enjoy modern decor and stimulating fresh coffee from Victrola. Room amenities include Cascadia Soapery and plush custom towels. We're even a pet-friendly hotel. From onsite dining to spacious meeting facilities, our hotel equips any traveler with what they need for a perfect stay. Whether visiting for business or exploration, guests will find that the state capital is a hotbed of activity. From shopping to annual events, there's always something to do at Hotel RL Olympia.