Posted February 18, 2020
926 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone (916) 447-2700
JOB OVERVIEW: The Room Attendant position will be responsible to clean and reset guest rooms and bathroom areas according with the distinctive brand standards. The position will also include organizing linen closets on floors assigned and complete assignments accurately, and in a timely manner. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper / Housekeeping Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 150 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have open availability and be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous housekeeping experience required
Onsite physical attendance required
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
196 Room Hotel
The Citizen Hotel is a 196 room boutique property with over 9,000 square feet of function space. The exterior of the building is an early 1900's classic design by architect George Selland. The interiors celebrate the history of California with unique décor that is whimsical with modern amenities. No two rooms are alike and all offer a different perspective of downtown Sacramento. Featuring a farm to fork destination restaurant Grange Restaurant & Bar which has received national accolades and is a local favorite.