Reservations Supervisor (TEMP)
Posted November 27, 2019
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
This is a Temporary career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise and handle all telephone inquires and reservations to provide efficient, accurate, and courteous reservation service and telephone solicitations while maintaining on-going communications with group sales and the front desk on room status. With the Director, Sales guidance, accurately forecast future business.
1. Answer telephone promptly and courteously. Enter guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately, using the hotel’s selling strategy and segmenting reservations into the appropriate category.
2. Solicit outside transient sales using tele-sales techniques.
3. Prepare and reconcile forecasts and reports to include but no limited to; a daily 3-day forecast, a weekly “Sell and Report” for the front desk, a weekly rooms forecast and a 4 week VRW-T.
4. Supervise the Reservations Sales personnel; train, , verify and direct the work and recommend performance reviews and discipline as needed.
5. Verify all reservations and group room blocks are promptly entered and correctly coded and updated all hotel information into the reservation system.
6. Maintain turndowns, demand tracking and forecast information on a daily basis.
7. Maintain accurate records for guaranteed no-shows, cancellations, advance deposits, occupancy and transient history information.
Maintain a group information log and monitor the progress of all room blocks.
Promote the honored guest program.
1. Be familiar with duties of Director, Transient Sales such as forecasting, coding, closing out and restricting dates.
2. Answer letters, send brochures and information in response to guest requests.
3. Participate in hotel committees and task force opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Further education
Experience: Must have two or three years of hotel front office and/or
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence potential hotel guests. Ability to operate computer reservations systems. Ability to effectively supervise staff. Fluency in a second language is desirable.
No. of employees supervised: 2 to 5
Travel required: Limited for training and/or task forces
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary as needed.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.