Posted December 20, 2019
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
JOB TITLE: RESERVATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Revenue Management
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise and monitor the daily operations, systems and programs in the Reservations Department and communicate rates, inventories and strategies to appropriate departments to maximize occupancy, revenue and profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the daily operations, systems, and sales in the Reservations Department. Works with the Director of Revenue Management to accurately forecast future business. Communicates with the front desk staff and sales department concerning sales strategy and house status on a daily basis. Supervises reservation agents in correct quoting of rates, sales effectiveness and policies.
1. Train, schedule, monitor/shop sales techniques and provide performance feedback and open communications (i.e. sales techniques, promotions, black out dates, sold out dates, special events, city wide, etc...) to ensure excellent customer service and high quality scores.
2. Implement and/or maintain procedures for blocking and coding of rooms, advance deposit and no-show billing, and disputes as well as maintain records, monitor results and compile data and reports to ensure the department meets/exceeds budgeted room nights, average rates, and revenue goals while ensuring quality customer service.
3. Supervise the daily operations of the Reservations area to ensure compliance and consistency with policies, procedure, sales programs and techniques and maintenance of equipment.
4. Monitor, update, and communicate inventory levels and room rate restrictions to maximize room occupancy and revenue.
5. Assist in the compilation, analysis and preparation of updates, forecasts, reports, budgets to continually monitor and revise occupancy levels and room rates to ensure maximum revenue and profits.
1. Participate in sales blitzes and outside sales calls and ensure the telesales program is in progress to continually increase sales.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Two years of post high school education or equivalent experience.
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities:
Requires thorough knowledge of a technical field or the practices and procedures of a professional field in order to perform analytical work and problem solving situations. Knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines and are necessary. Supervision / management skills are needed to effectively manage reservation sales process. Requires investigating and analyzing current activities or information in a specialized field involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
No. of employees supervised: One to twelve employees.
Travel required: None
Hours Required: 40 to 50 hours over a 5 day period.
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.