Assistant General Manager
Posted January 14, 2020
4250 North Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85718
Telephone (520) 577-0007
Does thriving at a fast-pace, relationship building, and navigating dynamic business operations - to delight guests and exceed financial goals - bring out your best self? Then, Interstate’s Assistant General Manager position may be your best next career move.
As Assistant General Manager, you will
- Oversee hotel operations to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for guests to enjoy and where associates can excel. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. When complications surface – and they will – make it right for the guest and open channels for associates.
- Build and Foster Front Office Staff. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Team up with Sales. Brainstorm and implement occupancy and revenue boosting strategies.
- Keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively participate in the budget process, and accurately forecast for optimal staff and supply levels, maximum flow-through, and exceptional guest experience
- Act as Manager on Duty, when duty calls.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus two to three years’ in hotel company related position, with discipline-specific operations knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and switchboard operation knowledge is expected.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
122 Room Extended Stay
At A Glance
Located less than five miles from the University of Arizona's main campus, Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University places travelers near sporting events and cultural attractions. This extended-stay hotel in Tucson, Arizona is set in the beautiful St. Philip's Plaza in the Catalina foothills, with shopping and dining just steps away, including a weekend Farmer's Market, Southern Arizona’s largest market devoted to locally grown products.
Guests will feel at home in a spacious suite at this Tucson, AZ, hotel with complimentary internet access, separate living and dining areas, and a kitchen complete with a fridge, dishwasher, microwave and two-burner stove. They can energize in one of our two fitness centers, refresh in the pool or whirlpool, or relax on the spacious pool deck.
Each morning we offer a hot full breakfast and in the evening, guests can unwind at our complimentary evening social Monday – Thursday. We can host an event for up to 60 people in the 1,000 sq. ft. meeting room, and guests can print documents in the complimentary business center.