Posted February 3, 2020
110 F Street
Davis, CA 95616
Telephone (530) 753-3600
You’re a careful listener who “gets” the client’s event needs at first telling. And for those unsure of their needs, your experience enables skillful guidance known to eclipse expectations. Your reputation and networking efforts make you the “go-to” for event planning. Then, a Catering Sales Manager position with Interstate might just be the go-to opportunity that takes your career to the next level.
As Catering Sales Manager, you will
- Use your knowledge of the hotel’s offerings and the competitive landscape to secure event and group business that meets or exceeds sales and revenue goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future bookings.
- Keep management informed of activities through regular reporting.
A four-year college degree is not required; however, more than two years post high school education with one to two years employment in a related position is required. Thorough knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality industry is expected. You must possess effective verbal and written English communication skills. This position also requires an ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn Davis Downtown
120 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Travelers will enjoy their stay at our newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Davis Downtown hotel, located within walking and biking distance to the UC Davis campus. Nestled in downtown near several shops and restaurants, guests can use our complimentary bicycles to explore the neighborhood in true Davis style. We are close to major attractions on campus and nearby including Aggies Stadium, UC-Davis Arboretum and art galleries.
We offer a delicious farm-to-fork meal at Seasons Restaurant & Bar. Guests can keep up their routine in our fitness center or host a social gathering on our beautiful, spacious outdoor patio. Our well-appointed boardroom is perfect for executive meetings.
- New downtown Davis hotel minutes from University of California, Davis campus
- Casual restaurant/bar, room service and 24-hour convenience store
- Spacious outdoor patio perfect for social gatherings
- Boardroom, 24-hour Business Center and Fitness Center
- Complimentary bicycle rentals to explore local area