Director of Housekeeping
Posted February 11, 2020
157 High Street
Portland, ME 04101
Telephone (207) 775-5411
As the Director of Housekeeping at The Westin Portland Harborview, this individual will be responsible for planning and managing the room and related area’s operations of the hotel to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Specifically, s/he is responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations of the room and related areas, including public space. The Director of Housekeeping oversees a staff of 40-60 Associates and is responsible for recommending the area’s budget and managing expenses within approved budget constraints. S/he will participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Leadership Team. Her/His duties include:
1. Manage the Human Resources in the division in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe environment; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. (25%)
2. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division’s annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations. (20%)
3. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the division in a manner consistent with Federal/State laws and regulations and company policies and procedures to ensure a high level of quality and customer satisfaction. (20%)
4. Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. (5%)
5. Implement emergency organization procedures and training through the management of the Security staff to ensure appropriate protection for hotel guests, staff and company assets. (5%)
Based on the complex and discretionary nature of these responsibilities, we have determined that the position requires a professional with the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Westin Portland Harborview
289 Room Hotel
The Westin Portland Harborview provides travelers a perfect vantage point to explore Maine's largest city. Originally opened in 1927 as the Eastland Park Hotel, this historic hotel has been immaculately restored. Visitors can take a short walk to discover the Old Port and some of the best restaurants, retail shops, museums and artistic venues in Maine. Guests will leave feeling better than when they arrived when they stay over in our plush rooms and suites. Each of the guest rooms feature a stunning view of downtown, the harbor or Casco Bay. Guests can enjoy a thoroughly satisfying night's sleep in a Westin Heavenly® Bed. They can re-energize in our state-of-the-art Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio or relax with a massage, manicure and more at Artné Spa. We offer on-site dining, including the timelessly chic Top of the East rooftop restaurant with panoramic views. Weddings and meetings thrive here with nearly 15,000 square feet of event space and a spectacular grand ballroom.