Posted February 13, 2020
4500 Post Oak Parkway
Houston, TX 77027
Telephone (713) 871-9911
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for Interstate.
As Sales Manager, you will
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hampton Inn Houston-Near The Galleria
176 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Set in the charming Uptown Park district, this hotel near the Galleria in Houston was fully renovated November 2015 and is surrounded by shopping and dining. Travelers can treat clients or their significant other to an exceptional Houston Galleria area hotel stay and explore nearby attractions, including Reliant Park, downtown Houston, Texas Medical Center and George R. Brown Convention Center. Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, Rice University, Memorial Park, the Houston Arboretum, Museum District and Hermann Park are also nearby.
For guests on short weekend getaways or extensive business trips, our spacious hotel near the Galleria in Houston provides a microwave and refrigerator in every room, pull-out sofas, the choice of a walk-in shower or tub/shower combo, 42-inch LCD HDTVs, a spacious work area with complimentary Wifi, and Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Ideal for meetings, our Houston Galleria hotel boardroom accommodates up to 10 people, while the Uptown Park banquet room provides an intimate venue for events of up to 80 seated guests.
- Located in the heart of the Houston Galleria, Uptown Park
- 4 miles to Houston’s bustling theater district
- 176 guest rooms with 42-inch HDTVs, mini-fridges, and microwaves
- Accessible guest rooms available
- 1,150 sq. ft. meeting space
- Sparkling heated outdoor pool