Cook - Part TimePart Time
Posted March 18, 2020
11260 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Telephone (916) 638-4141
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
159 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Sacramento – Rancho Cordova, where our friendly staff look forward to greeting guests at check-in with a warm chocolate chip cookie. Our location, just 11 miles east of Sacramento, blends the beauty of the majestic American River, with the hustle and bustle of downtown Folsom just an exit away. Our all-suite Sacramento/Rancho Cordova hotel is located close to many local areas of interest. Within a short driving distance guests will find something for all ages to enjoy, including wineries, aquatic parks, rafting and shopping. There are also plenty of restaurants to suit every taste nearby, whether visitors are in the mood for steak, barbecue, sushi or Mexican fare.
Guests can stay connected in our business center, E-Room. With 1,300 sq. ft. event space and contemporary audio/visual technology, our Rancho Cordova hotel is ideal for conferences, meetings and social events up to 100 attendees.
Cozy yet open, our full-service restaurant, the H Bar, overlooks the outdoor courtyard and pool, and serves signature cocktails, locally crafted beer, exclusive wines and an extensive tapas-style menu. Guests can pick up snacks, sandwiches, salads, beer and wine in our convenient onsite guest market. They can energize with state-of-the-art equipment in our exercise room, or refresh in the sparkling outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool.
- Newly upgraded, all-suite hotel in Rancho Cordova, near shops, dining and attractions
- Well-equipped fitness room and a beautiful outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool
- 1,300 sq. ft. meeting and event space, and a complimentary business center
- Selection of spacious suites, with a variety of features and amenities
- Full-service bar and restaurant overlooking the courtyard and pool
- Al fresco patio with comfortable seating