Line Cook (PM)
Posted March 25, 2020
1840 Highway 93 South
Kalispell, MT 59901
Telephone (406) 756-4500
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
144 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Nestled in the picturesque Flathead Valley of Montana, our Kalispell, TM hotel is conveniently located between the Crown of the Continent, Glacier National Park (30 miles northeast), and Flathead Lake (10 miles south). Kalispell City Airport is adjacent to our hotel, while Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) is just 10 miles north.
Whether guests are visiting for business or leisure, they'll find everything they need for a wonderful stay. Anyone can host their next meeting or convention in 14,000 sq. ft. of conference and banquet space with catering services. Great facilities such as the indoor swimming pool and complimentary fitness center mean guests will be able to wind down after a busy day working or sightseeing.
- Adjacent to Kalispell City Airport, 10 miles from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
- 14,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 8,500 sq. ft. ballroom for up to 700 people
- Complimentary airport shuttle bus service
- Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern on site