Banquet Staff Members - On CallPart Time
Posted March 25, 2020
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Telephone (843) 918-5000
Current Job Openings
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
400 Room Hotel
Discover the best of Myrtle Beach at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel. Just blocks from the beach and boasting a direction connection to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, we're a premier destination for both business and leisure travel.
Travelers can relax and recharge in our hotel's modern, well-equipped accommodations, all of which feature signature Sheraton Signature beds, plus complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access. Our guests can stay connected in our Link@Sheraton lobby work area and allow our 250,000 square feet of modern meeting and event space to set the backdrop for a successful business event or breathtaking wedding in Myrtle Beach. We also boast a full-service restaurant, Vidalia's, an on-site spa and an indoor and outdoor swimming pool complex in sunny Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.