Dual Director of Sales
Posted May 22, 2020
3440 Sage Road
Houston, TX 77056
Telephone (713) 629-9711
You LOVE sales; but you’re most passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen. Does this resonate with you? Then, Interstate’s Dual Director of Sales position may be your next winning lead!
This position will be responsible for the sales efforts of the Hyatt House Houston Galleria & Hampton Inn Galleria. Preferred candidates will have either Brand experience and/or both. Local market knowledge and previous multi-unit experience.
As Dual Director of Sales, you will
- Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division. Provide the strategic vision for maximum hotel sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
- Lead a talented sales team that makes the vision reality. You create an environment energized by the art of the possible, where talented, win-driven professionals are excited to join, learn, exceed their best, and advance. You lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Effectively channel your knowledge of the competitive landscape. Assess the effectiveness of company programs to determine optimum revenues using Interstate system reports and market data, in order to innovate.
- Forge relationships and build rapport. Cultivate, enhance and leverage external and internal relationships to elevate hotel and market share awareness and drive business.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure the division’s sales plan is on budget to meet or exceed revenue expectations and profit goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as department head (such as Director, Group Sales) is required, also. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hyatt House Houston/Galleria
147 Room Extended Stay
Located off Interstate 610/59, the revitalized Hyatt House Houston/Galleria hotel is three blocks from The Galleria Mall, Texas’ largest shopping destination and just a short drive to downtown Houston.
Our 2016 TripAdvisor© Certificate of Excellence Winner hotel is approximately 15 minutes to many of the Houston’s most popular attractions including the Museum District, Houston Zoo, NRG Stadium. Nearby universities include Houston Baptist University, Rice University, Texas Southeren University and the University of Houston. A top-choice among Galleria area hotels, our all-suite hotel is 35 minutes from several major airports and offers easy accessibility to all the major highways in the city.
For breakfast, guests can enjoy chef-inspired omelets featuring cage-free eggs, plus all-natural bacon and sausage, Greek yogurt parfaits, steel-cut oatmeal, and more. In the evenings, we offer food and drinks at H BAR.