Posted September 2, 2020
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva, FL 33924
Telephone (239) 472-5111
You’re like the firefighter of Engineering. You’re always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong. You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You’re alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, Interstate’s Class II Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Class II Engineer, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that’s critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Keep operations running smoothly in the absence of engineering staff.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is required. The ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work is expected. This position requires carrying a radio while on duty and may require operating a pick-up truck and snow removal equipment. You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner. This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
South Seas Island Resort
471 Room Resort
Family. Nature. Comfort.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Visitors will feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island, Florida
- An array of accommodations from Harbourside Guest rooms, to one-, two- and three- bedroom condominiums and cottages. Two to Six Bedroom private homes are also available.
- South Seas offers an array of activities for guests of all ages
- Delicious on-site dining
- Endless recreation and exciting land and water activities
- Bordered by two-and-a-half miles of private white-sand beach
- 35 miles from South West Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Just 32 miles from Fort Myers, yet provides a peaceful, secluded-island feel