Posted June 29, 2020
520 Southwest Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
Telephone (503) 226-6300
The Bidwell hotel and High Horse are located at the intersection of where locals and visitors will find Portland authentic experiences and where they’ll get more of their individual lifestyle. The B&F Manager at the Bidwell will be hands on as well as forward thinking. As the curator of the drink and eat social experience, the B&F Manager is someone versed in what’s happening in Portland’s Mixology and hip eats and is responsible for defining and maintaining the provisions concept positioning, driving outlet revenue and developing new practice and service ideals. It’s a big job and not for the faint of heart but you won’t be alone. You'll collaborate with the Executive Chef and be guided by the Director of Operations – there’ll be an entire crew of passionate associates ready, willing and able to help you create the vision.
Want a preview of the crafted lifestyle hotel and reimagined classic watering hole? Check out renderings of the look and feel at https://www.thebidwell.com/ . The site is under construction and while it's a good representation what is taking shape, not all links are operational (phone number not actual for hotel).
Job Responsibilities for this role:
- Stay current on knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the bar and restaurant industry.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests problems complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant Room Service Lounge or Banquets.
- Motivate coach counsel and uphold culture and expectations of all B&F personnel.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide a motivating influence and seek input regarding beverage and food issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive communication exists between the Beverage & Food Production staffs.
If you’re an experienced Beverage & Food leader and a creative, innovative thinker, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
- Fanatically analytical; extremely comfortable manipulating data
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- A team driven leader vulnerable to others’ talents and able to use collaboration to achieve the best result
- A balanced individual interested in embracing our unique environment that weights your cultural fit equally with your results
The minimum qualifications for the Manager of B&F position are:
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in the beverage and food leadership, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the beverage and food leadership, or related professional area.
- Incredible people and team leader and development skills
- Innovative, adaptable, collaborative and persuasive
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Portland Marriott City Center
249 Room Hotel
Our boutique hotel enables guests to tap into the pulse of Portland's most enchanting urban rhythms. With such a wonderful location, we're a traveler's delight. Since we are in the center of the city's business district, our downtown hotel is near great shopping, restaurants and MAX Light Rail. Featuring 249 luxurious guest rooms, a state-of-the-art fitness center and 3,500 square feet of meeting space, we're a top choice among downtown, boutique hotels for anyone's next event. On-site event planners with years of experience and knowledge in the industry are ready to assist with every detail. Plus, we are a member of Green Hotels Global, meaning we are advocates for environmentally friendly practices. From serving sustainable food in our restaurants to using natural cleaning products, our boutique hotel cares about the environment. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, we welcome all visitors to the Portland Marriott City Center.