General Manager (New Build)
Posted June 29, 2020
5374 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Telephone (407) 601-4800
You have a proven track record of success in hotel management and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. As General Manager for Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader, and much more.
As General Manager, you will
- Oversee all aspects of operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget and forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong hotel management background and an obvious passion for the hospitality industry. Your passion for service is contagious and you are a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful sales and marketing campaigns, understand dynamic revenue management and can drive profit to the bottom line through strong financial controls.
- Build a rapport with ownership. You partner closely with your owner and work to understand their priorities and exceed their expectations.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasionally you will have to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hyatt House Orlando International Drive
175 Room Extended Stay
Travelers can check into rooms next door to family fun at Hyatt House Orlando / International Drive, just two miles from Universal Orlando Resort™. Our guests can head right down I-Drive to find thrill rides and rollercoasters, or travel three minutes north to browse 180 shops at Orlando International Premium Outlets.
We offer 175 residential-style spaces half a mile from Fun Spot America. Our suites feature a full kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, and stove.
- 175 rooms, including 133 suites
- Two dining outlets, including the H BAR social space
- Outdoor pool
- 24-Hour Workout Room
- 24-Hour Business Center
- 800 sq ft of meeting space
- Dry cleaning and laundry service