Posted November 4, 2020
201 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Telephone (215) 448-2000
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown
759 Room Hotel
Just two blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown is walking distance to Love Park, the Franklin Institute, and the iconic Philadelphia Museum of Art. Guests can take advantage of our newly renovated fitness center equipped with Peloton bikes. Relax at our welcoming Terrace restaurant or bar and coffee shop, the Local. Our 759 reimagined guest rooms feature comfortable beds that invite guests to wind down after a busy day, as well as fantastic views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, a scenic boulevard that runs through the cultural heart of Philadelphia. For meetings, our planning and banquet staff transform our 58,000 square feet of flexible event space into the perfect venue for conventions, board meetings, or any occasion anyone wants to celebrate.