Posted October 30, 2020
8353 Georgia Street
Merrillville, IN 46410
Telephone (219) 736-7600
You’re like the super hero of accounting. You arrive in the night, dive deep into the books, and reveal anything out of place. You leap to the front desk, attending to that travel-weary guest. And with accurate precision before the sun rises, you draw a clear picture using the night’s data for the new day’s action. Who was that? It could be you as Night Auditor for Interstate.
As Night Auditor, you will
- Ensure all aspects of hotel accounting for all areas of hotel operations are processed correctly and accurately recorded, protecting the brand and asset against liability and fraud.
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets’ cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management.
- Provide rooms management with a clear picture of their performance using the data gathered.
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance.
- Attend to guest needs at the front desk.
High school education or equivalent experience is required. An Accounting background is preferred but not required. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to compile facts and figures. In addition to general office equipment, you will regularly operate Interstate systems and software, including a cash register. You must be able to communicate effectively and courteously over the telephone and in person. This position may occasionally require lifting luggage up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hampton Inn Merrillville
64 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The Hampton Inn Merrillville is a 64-room hotel located beside a beautiful lake and only 45 minutes from Chicago and Midway International Airport. Among hotels in Merrillville, Indiana, we offer free amenities during every stay, including in-room WiFi, access to the indoor pool and fitness center and a free, hot breakfast with our signature waffles and oatmeal.
Business guests looking for hotels in Merrillville, Indiana take advantage of our location close to businesses such as US Steel, NiSource, BP and Methodist Hospital. With proximity to I-65 and 30, our hotel is close to shopping, Deep River Water Park, Star Plaza Theater and other things to do in Merrillville, IN.
Guests can choose a room on the north side of the building to enjoy spectacular water views. They can relax on their clean and fresh Hampton bed® and browse the premium cable channels on your 32-inch flat-screen TV.
- Located 1 mile from the city center and Westfield Southlake Mall
- 64 spacious guest rooms with accessible rooms available
- Welcoming, tranquil ambiance throughout the hotel
- Easy access to Chicago
- Indoor heated pool
- 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner