Guest Service Agent
Posted November 7, 2020
500 Stevens Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19113
Telephone (610) 521-5900
GUEST SERVICES AGENT
Checking people in and out. It’s a no brainer, right? Often the first encounter, you understand that your interaction can set the tone for the entire guest experience and potentially impact the entire brand! Your genuine warmth and helpful nature enable you to rise to every occasion, from cheerfully greeting the excited family on a vacation adventure to handling the travel-weary guest’s request with prompt courtesy. As a Front Desk Agent with Interstate, you’ll have many opportunities to brighten someone’s day.
As a Front Desk Agent, you will
- Provide that critical first impression to our guests and have a natural passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone everyday.
- Enjoy solving problems, be comfortable using a computer to check guests in and out, and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and confidently.
- Take COVID-19 sanitation and social distancing/mask policies seriously and enforce policy with guest.
Fundamentals To be successful in this role, you must have excellent English communication skills and be able to read, write and speak fluently. You will regularly use a computer and different software.
As a Driver, you will
- Transport guests safely to and from the property, carefully handling luggage.
- Graciously welcome guests with open doors and luggage assistance.
- Respond with helpful info about getting around and offer suggestions for local events and activities.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, gassed, and ready to go, noting any malfunction at the first sign.
- Utilize mobile phones/tablet/software to communicate location and proactively communicate with guests and/or management
- Track flights when necessary to ensure we arrive in a timely fashion to pick up airline crews
- Follow all local laws and safety procedures
- Take COVID-19 sanitation and social distancing/mask policies seriously and enforce with guests on the shuttle
- Assist the Room Department when not driving the vehicle, with side tasks such as sweeping/cleaning entrance area, sanitizing entrance doors, removing trash from front of hotel, and generally being a "team player"
- Have flexibility to sometimes stay later than scheduled if a flight crew is delayed at the airport
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
349 Room Hotel
Boasting an unrivaled location 1-mile from Philadelphia International Airport, our hotel offers easy access to some of the area's most popular attractions including the Wells Fargo Center and Citizens Bank Park. Before setting out to sightsee or conduct business downtown, visitors can take a moment to relax and unwind in their spacious room or suite. They can enjoy freshening up in our marble bathrooms, or finish some tasks using our work desks and high-speed Wi-Fi. We offer room service, and two on-site restaurants - The Sanctuary and Dorsey's. Both restaurants are terrific for gathering with friends or colleagues before attending an event in one of our 19 elegantly appointed meeting venues. No matter what it is that brings travelers to the City of Brotherly Love, they'll appreciate every moment they spend at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel.