Area Sales Coordinator
Posted October 14, 2020
345 West 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Telephone (385) 290-6500
BASIC PURPOSE: Assist sales managers in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications and sales.
1. Answering phones and ensuring all inquiries are dealt with accurately, timely and in a professional manner. (40%)
2. Type correspondence, reports and forms as well as prepare simple written correspondences. (15%)
3. Prepare sales contracts within 24 hours of receiving original, using standard contract format set-up in PC. (10%)
4. Create new files and monitor trace files in accordance with Marriott SOP’s. (10%)
5. Prepare cover sheets, rooming lists and ASAP reports based on room blocks and customer information. (10%)
6. Assist sales manager on creative projects, such as proposals and special event invitations. (5%)
7. Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communications within the sales area. (5%)
1. Assist guest with changes and special requests in person, as needed. (3%)
2. Input reservation directly into MARSHA. (2%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school diploma or vocational administrator
Experience: Previous administrative experience preferred
Skills and Abilities: Ability to type 50 words per minute. WordPerfect and Lotus knowledge. Alphabetizing, grammar and punctuation. Standard business letter formats. Strong hospitality skills.
No. of employees supervised: None
Travel required: None
Hours Required: 40 hour over a 5 day period; typically Monday through Friday; days and times may vary based on need.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Courtyard Salt Lake City Downtown
175 Room Hotel
The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard Downtown Salt Lake city provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the center of it all is The Bistro, a destination for a great breakfast, or drinks and dinner during the evening. Guests will especially enjoy our smoke free environment offering flexible spaces where they can work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard® technology. Our location offers easy access to Vivint Smart Home Arena and Salt Palace Convention Center. Plus, our well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool will help guests stay refreshed and energized. In addition, our convention space of more than 5,000 square feet provides flexible options with the latest audio visual technology to meet all event needs.