Posted October 17, 2020
201 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Telephone (215) 448-2000
You have a proven track record of success in hotel management and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. As General Manager for Aimbridge, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader, and much more.
Recently completing a $30M renovation, the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown is the second-largest hotel in the city. Featuring 760 keys & over 60,000 square feet of event space. Aimbridge is looking for its next dynamic leader! To be successful for this role and to be considered, candidates will have the following;
- Current and previous General Manager Experience in the Full Service vertical.
- Union Experience.
- Marriott / comparable Brand knowledge.
- Strong owner relations.
- Hands-on management/leadership style. This role will be very dependent on a leader that is not afraid to roll-up their shelves and work shoulder-to-shoulder with their staff.
Additionally, as General Manager, you will
- Oversee all aspects of operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget and forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong hotel management background and an obvious passion for the hospitality industry. Your passion for service is contagious and you are a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful sales and marketing campaigns, understand dynamic revenue management and can drive profit to the bottom line through strong financial controls.
- Build a rapport with ownership. You partner closely with your owner and work to understand their priorities and exceed their expectations.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasionally you will have to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown
759 Room Hotel
Just two blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown is walking distance to Love Park, the Franklin Institute, and the iconic Philadelphia Museum of Art. Guests can take advantage of our newly renovated fitness center equipped with Peloton bikes. Relax at our welcoming Terrace restaurant or bar and coffee shop, the Local. Our 759 reimagined guest rooms feature comfortable beds that invite guests to wind down after a busy day, as well as fantastic views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, a scenic boulevard that runs through the cultural heart of Philadelphia. For meetings, our planning and banquet staff transform our 58,000 square feet of flexible event space into the perfect venue for conventions, board meetings, or any occasion anyone wants to celebrate.