Kitchen Supervisor, P2O5 Restaurant
Posted October 6, 2020
1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Assign, coordinate, and supervise the set-up and food production areas within the service kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality, set-up and service are in accordance with standardized recipes and procedures.
- Assign and direct the work and train the kitchen associates to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Check daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef so as to make sure that estimates are filled in correctly and make sure that production is following these estimates as closely as possible.
- Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers as per SOP and with the help of the Executive Chef or Food Production Manager to minimize waste.
- Attend all employee meetings, come up with sound suggestions on employee problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all of the food production areas within the kitchen.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
- Check out all work stations including the employee cafeteria shift. Ensures proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Check with the Sous Chef on the items needing preparation that day by inventory on a production chart what is on hand presently and bring it up to par stock levels set by the Executive Chef.
- Acts as lead worker in providing assignments and training.
- Monitor and control food under refrigeration to ensure it is properly identified, covered, and dated.
- Key entry control sheets (steak charts) are done daily.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1 to 2 years kitchen experience.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of the kitchen policies and procedures. Strong a la carte background. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Communication skills necessary to provide and receive information pertinent to the running of the kitchen and leading a professional kitchen environment.
Must have flexible availability including nights, weekends and holidays
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.