Posted October 7, 2020
1697 Pacific Avenue
Venice, CA 90291
Telephone (310) 452-1111
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Supervisor position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
119 Room Hotel
Whether it's the birth of skate culture the iconic muscle beach, or just its notorious "anything-goes" attitude; Venice Beach has always been an icon of American subculture. It's a unique combination of seaside beauty, urban energy, and people who aren't afraid to express themselves.
For the past five decades, Hotel Erwin has been a window into this wonderfully weird world, welcoming travelers of every description from across the globe. From our friendly, approachable vibe to our eclectic, diverse atmosphere, find out why Hotel Erwin is still the only place to stay in Venice Beach.
Here at Hotel Erwin, we give our guests an unmistakably Venice Beach experience. Our vibrant rooms and event spaces capture a unique aesthetic that sets the scene for any occasion. Not only do we put guests right next to the beach, but we’re also steps away from the area’s famed shopping, dining and activities. When guests finally return back to the hotel, there’s always a seat at our rooftop bar High Lounge or low-key dining spot Barlo Kitchen + Cocktails.