Director of Security
Posted October 13, 2020
1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Develop and implement the safety, security, and emergency plans and programs for the resort and peripheries through management of the Security staff, training of the resort staff, investigations, and coordination of activities with outside agencies to ensure a safe and secure experience for the guests and associates and minimize liabilities and losses. Position is responsible for short term planning and the daily operations of the Security staff. Recommends and implements procedural changes. Recommends, implements, and monitors the budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Investigate, analyze, and report on all incidents and accidents; coordinate activities and liaise with local and federal law enforcement agencies, fire companies, and insurance agencies to resolve problems, ensure a safe environment for guests and associates and a quality guest experience.
- Manage the Human Resources in Security in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and discipline, and terminate, as appropriate.
- Develop safety, security, and emergency procedures and action plans for the hotel and peripheries and monitor program implementation within corporate guidelines to protect guests and staff, secure the assets and minimize losses.
- Train the hotel staff on first aid, CPR, fire prevention, safety and equipment, accident prevention, security, and emergency procedures to decrease accidents/incidents and reduce life and property liabilities and losses.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and manage the Security budget to minimize expenses and aid in meeting and exceeding the hotel's financial goals.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and repair of safety related equipment to ensure constant emergency readiness.
Education: More than two years of post-high school education. A four year college degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years in security/loss prevention, police, military, FBI, CIA, or similar field.
Skills and Abilities: Advanced knowledge of the security hospitality fields and the relating practices and procedures. Requires knowledge of hotel and IHC policies and procedures and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines. Requires management skills. Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations. Effective communication skills and the ability to provide information and associated services. Ability to perform CPR and first aid. May require a second language.
Flexible availability including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.