Front Desk Supervisor
Posted November 13, 2020
1510 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92507
Telephone (951) 276-1200
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Operations Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Operations Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
- Assist with the operations and supervision with the Bistro operations (pending re-opening)
A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position. You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected. FOSSE experience is preferred.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
163 Room Hotel
We are pleased to announce the completion of our upscale property renovation near the University of California Riverside! Discover the most beautiful guest rooms in Riverside, CA featuring modern décor and a soothing color palette creating a calming atmosphere. Whether a stay is for business or pleasure, our complimentary amenities will cater to all our guests' needs. Our new state-of-the-art lobby offers flexible work space, an inviting lounge area, complimentary high-speed Internet, and a business center. Guests can fuel up at The Bistro and indulge in an egg white frittata for breakfast, a flatbread for lunch, or Asian chicken salad for dinner.