Posted November 18, 2020
401 West Ash Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone (619) 546-9600
BASIC PURPOSE: Clean and sanitize all areas of the kitchen and operate the dish washing machine in a safe, accident-free manner. In addition to moving furniture and cleaning all guest floor areas interior and exterior in all outlets.
1. Operate dish washing machine; Maintain organization - proper rack stacking, silver presoaking, hand washing pots and pans. Setup Furniture daily on patio for restaurant operation in addition to assisting service staff with bussing tables and table maintenance. (60%)
2. Sweep and mop floors in all outlets interior and exterior moving furniture up to 50# in weight. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately. (20%)
3. Clean walls, tables, coolers, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. (5%)
4. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by lead steward. (2.5%)
5. Empty all trash cans at end of shift, wash out and return to kitchen. (10%)
6. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned. (2.5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (2.5%)
1. Maintain mop station with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms, and proper cleaning solutions.
2. Cooperate with restaurant personnel and their needs in order to ensure that guests are taken care of.
JOB TITLE: Steward
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: No formal education required; High School diploma or equivalent desired.
Experience: Previous experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Operate dishwashing machine, Dishware handling, Floor maintenance. English Speaking in order to assist guests in the outlets as needed.
No. of employees supervised: None.
Travel required: None.
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Carté Hotel San Diego, a Curio Collection by Hilton
246 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Each of Carte Hotel’s 246 modern guest rooms includes complimentary WiFi, a 55-inch HDTV, refrigerator and oversized work desk. Guests can relax on the luxurious bed with pillow top mattress and enjoy spectacular views of downtown. Our spacious suites feature exclusive views and a sitting area.
We offer sea-to-table cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Watercolors, or guests can explore the region’s wines with a curated selection from Southern California and Northern Mexico at our wine tasting room, Fonte de Vino.
Carte Hotel guests can enjoy access to 28,000 sq. ft. of upscale fitness and wellness space at Fit Athletic Club. During downtime, guests can stretch with a yoga or spin class, detox in the sauna or take a refreshing dip in the rooftop pool.