Engineer Mid Shift
Posted November 16, 2020
110 F Street
Davis, CA 95616
Telephone (530) 753-3600
You’re like the firefighter of Engineering. You’re always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong. You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You’re alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, Interstate’s Class II Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Class II Engineer, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that’s critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Keep operations running smoothly in the absence of engineering staff.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is required. The ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work is expected. This position requires carrying a radio while on duty and may require operating a pick-up truck and snow removal equipment. You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner. This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment. Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn Davis Downtown
120 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Travelers will enjoy their stay at our newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Davis Downtown hotel, located within walking and biking distance to the UC Davis campus. Nestled in downtown near several shops and restaurants, guests can use our complimentary bicycles to explore the neighborhood in true Davis style. We are close to major attractions on campus and nearby including Aggies Stadium, UC-Davis Arboretum and art galleries.
We offer a delicious farm-to-fork meal at Seasons Restaurant & Bar. Guests can keep up their routine in our fitness center or host a social gathering on our beautiful, spacious outdoor patio. Our well-appointed boardroom is perfect for executive meetings.
- New downtown Davis hotel minutes from University of California, Davis campus
- Casual restaurant/bar, room service and 24-hour convenience store
- Spacious outdoor patio perfect for social gatherings
- Boardroom, 24-hour Business Center and Fitness Center
- Complimentary bicycle rentals to explore local area